My work is:
- Inspired by the light immediately after the sun rises or before it sets
- Built on American Abstract Expressionism of the mid-20th century
- Borrowed from painting techniques & fabrics of 18th century Europe
- Modeled on the simplicity of Asian art
- Created using the geometric patterns of traditional African cloth.
I use intense, fluid, vibrant colors to develop mixed media, sculptural paintings that extend the boundaries of the canvas. Classically layered gold leaf in abstract form bridge the gap between traditional and contemporary images. Current series includes:
- Hard Edges/Reflections - combines 18/19th century European painting technique and the simplicity of traditional Asian art.
Type Face - idiosyncratic representations of the human form
Mid Century Modern - builds on the foundation of abstract expressionism with 21st century techniques and sensibilities
AquaFlows/ Hardscapes / - Three-dimensional paintings are developed through a series of complex steps that build texture until a certain look, feel, and presence is achieved.